Christina Wong, MPT,BSc (Hon), CAFCI, CGTTP
**PLEASE NOTE: Christina is currently on maternity leave until September 2018**
Christina graduated from the University of British Columbia Masters of Physical Therapy in 2010. Since then, she has worked with people with a variety of conditions, ranging from motor vehicle accidents, work-related injuries, sports injuries, repetitive strain injuries, post-operative rehabilitation, acute and chronic pain, concussions, and neurological conditions. Christina is passionate towards her work as a Physiotherapist and finds it most rewarding when she is able to alleviate her clients’ pain and improve their movements, physical function and lifestyle. She takes the time to perform a thorough assessment and design her treatments accordingly. She enjoys educating her clients so they understand the root cause of their problems, which will therefore enable them to take a proactive approach so they can get better and stay well.
Electra Health Floor – Downtown Vancouver
Open 7 days a week from 8 am to 8 pm
Christina has experiences and special interests in treating chronic muscular tension and pain, tension headaches, repetitive strain injuries, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, facial nerve palsy, vestibular/balance issues, and women’s health issues. Christina also speaks fluent Cantonese and Mandarin.
Outside the clinic, Christina enjoys staying active through running and yoga, while also enjoying the more quiet hobbies such as piano and pottery.
Education & Training:
- 2000-2005 Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (Honours), University of British Columbia
- 2008-2010 Masters of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia
- 2010 Diploma of Advanced Manual and Manipulative Therapy – Level 1
- 2011 Certified by Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute
- 2012 Certified Gokavi Transverse Technique (GTT) Practitioner for dry needling/IMS
- 2013 Advanced Physical Therapy Educational Institute Cervical Spine Articular Dysfunction/Mobilization
- 2014 Advanced Physical Therapy Educational Institute Sacroiliac joint and pelvis complex Dysfunction/Mobilization
- 2014 Vestibular Rehabilitation
- 2015 Connect Therapy and the Thoracic Ring Approach
- 2016 Advanced Facial Neuromuscular Retraining
- 2016 PR1: The Physiotherapy Approach to Female Urinary Incontinence
- Manual therapy – spinal and peripheral joint mobilizations
- Acupuncture and dry needling/IMS
- Soft tissue mobilization and trigger point release
- Active rehabilitation and exercise prescription
- Biomechanical analysis
- Therapeutic taping
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Facial neuromuscular retraining
- Women’s health
- Initial 60 minute assessment and treatment: $125
- Initial 90-minute assessment (New facial clients only): $165
- Subsequent 60 minute treatment: $120
- Subsequent 30 minute treatment: $75
Christina Wong – Reviewed by Jonathan
“…the level of patience, care and friendliness she always demonstrates“
I have endured a myriad of sport-related aches and pains throughout the past few years and Christina has simply been amazing at assessing and treating them. I cannot say enough about the level of patience, care and friendliness she always demonstrates. She even knows acupuncture so that was very helpful surprise! Definitely gonna come back!
Christina Wong – Reviewed by Lily
“…knowledgeable and walked me through the treatment process“
Christina treated my vertigo recently and she was very helpful. She is knowledgeable and walked me through the treatment process. She is patient and kind, and very gentle throughout the treatment. Thanks again Christina!
Christina Wong – Reviewed by Stephanie
“…keeping me active and still enjoying my sports pain-free!“
Christina has always been (and will be) my go to for all my sports injuries over the years. She’s great from a traditional physiotherapist standpoint, but the bonus for me is her ability to do IMS/acupuncture. Christina is extremely meticulous with the needles, and her patient and friendly personality definitely help with staying calm and relaxed during the needle treatment. The addition of having needles in my treatment mix with the physio, along with learning the proper conditioning exercises have been great in keeping me active and still enjoying my sports pain-free!
Christina Wong – Reviewed by Jesse
“…able to provide some immediate relief…“
Overall a very positive experience. Christina is very knowledgeable and was able to pinpoint the cause of my back pain. She was able to provide some immediate relief as well as provide clear instructions on the exercises to perform to treat the root cause of the pain. Highly recommended.
Christina Wong – Reviewed by Ivy
“…anyone who needs a professional and compassionate physiotherapist.“
Christina Wong is such zeal and passion for her job as a Physiotherapist to help her patients get better. She is knowledgeable and skillful in all the techniques that she uses. I came to see her because of my TMJ problem and fibromyalgia which was aggravated after a recent rear-ended car accident. I have seen Christina for the last 2 months. I can see my improvement and i am looking forward to complete healing to my TMJ joint and hopefully my long term chronic pain as well I highly recommend Christina Wong to anyone who needs a professional and compassionate physiotherapist.